Sunday, April 3, 2011

Flower creations!










I have been loving all the flowers I've been seeing in magazines and at the stores so I thought I'd try my hand on it, I learned to make these flowers on YouTube, here! I tried to follow the instructions as best I could, but I always end up doing it my way ha!


First I used an old t shirt to make the gray flower. I used different juice glasses one larger for the bottom petals and a smaller one for the second level of petals!









1. I cut out six circles and cut slits, the length of the radius

2. Next you fold back and worth, alternating for more dimension

3. Sew the end of the petals to hold them together!

4. Continue this for other six petals!










1. Position the six together very tightly

2. Hot glue a piece of felt in the middle ( all I had was pink... but you cant see it anyway)

3. Then I made six smaller petals, the video said five but I used two for the middle part!!

4. Then repeat the first four steps with these petals... hot glue the felt on to the smaller petals and attach them to the larger ones.



and ta-da! The flower, I used the fifth and sixth smaller petals to make the center of the flower, I think a button or a rhinestone would be really cute too!


Next I attached a clip, I'll post a pic when I wear the flower, i think it turned out precious!

Next, i made white flowers with a stiffer material I got in the scraps at Walmart for about a dollarThat's the best idea just to get some different color scraps. I loved the way the stiffer material looks, I am totally making more of these, I added them to an older cardigan from Target, I think it really spruced it up! I am excited to wear it with my white dress from last spring I think it'll be cute!
I really enjoyed my crafty-ness ha! I think it'll be a fun thing to spruce up and decorate!

No comments:

Post a Comment